New Words

>> Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Lily has been picking up a few new words in the past week. She said "Big Bird" yesterday and then "Bubble" last week. I believe she was repeating "bath" last night as well. I am seeing a trend of B words!

We tried to go through the Sesame Book and name characters and she tried to say "Oscar" and "Cookie" but it was more "SCCAAA" and "Tootie" which was quite funny.

Also in the past week she has started to understand a sense of self. She can now point to her own nose and mouth as before it was just ours getting stabbed. Children usually master an understanding of themselves by 18 months so we are right on target.

We had a busy weekend and I am struggling to keep up now. Eadsfest was Saturday and then Kenny Chesney on Sunday so I pretty much laid down for bed about nine last night. I also dropped my point and shoot camera in the toilet at Kenny which is my only digital video. It is really my own fault. They were telling people they couldn't take their cameras so I stuck mine in the back of my pants. If I just would have followed the rules when I rushed the bathroom when we got in the concert (camera still in pants) I would not have had a dripping toilet water filled camera....aka a dead camera. I did hate that camera so it really is best. But now I am wondering if I should just get a digital camcorder or a new point and shoot. So I am up in the air. My Nikon is still okay but now no videos of Lily. RIP Sony Cybershot...a poor victim on the concert gods......

siggie

2 comments:

Nicole Faby September 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

You need to get a Flip video recorder!! And a point and shoot that you can use underwater! Those are both on my list anyways!! Get the Flip first!!

Alice September 1, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Did you win Eads Fest???