Cold Stone and Make a Wish

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009



As many of you know I have gotten involved more heavily with my Chi Omega chapter at NCSU. I came on board as an advisor to the chapter last fall a few months after Lily was born. It was probably awful timing considering I had a newborn but this year I finally feel like I am getting a handle on my roles, and juggling meetings. My only complaint is the stuff is late during the week and I miss some nights with Lily. AKA I am old and have a hard time keeping up.

In addition I try to stay involved with the Alumni Chapter in Raleigh as well. This has definatly proved taxing as there is only one me! But when I heard about the event they were hosting at Cold Stone Creamery I was like.."Uh...YEAH" Ice cream and charity? It was like God was sending me a sign.

This event was special because a Chi O Family member lost her Father recently. His name was Jack Daniels. A little back story...their family store is right next to our first house. I admit we didn't go alot but I hear they have awesome deli sandwhichs and breakfast! Kara Daniels, my sister, is also part of my family in Chi O. I think technically she is my Grand Big? But with that being said her father was a major supporter of our chapter and I was more than happy to spend this day honoring Make a Wish and Jack.

It was a nice set up. A local Fire Department came by and let the kids tour the truck and "drive" and they had a balloon artist. Lily may or may not have had ice cream for dinner that night.....

Here are few shots of her FireTruck fun!

I think Daddy had more fun that her!

Vroom Vroom!

Driving all by herself


Standing on the front of the truck...there was a nice little ledge there begging me to take a pic on it!

This is her new "stranger" look. If she doesn't know you this is what you can expect to see.

I know I am very behind on blogging. I have a slew of things to post including tailgating pics, corn maze pics and Pumpkin patch pics from Nicole. Whew!

siggie

0 comments: