Dearest Daughter

>> Thursday, October 08, 2009

Dearest Daughter,

Today you are sixteen whole months old. Today we played in the yard just as the hint of crispness that North Carolina fall brings hit the air. You ran around the yard like you did not have a care in the world. Then I noticed it.

Gone are those little chubby baby cheeks replaced with the face of a little girl. Gone are the frankenstien steps that used to thump up and down the hall. Now I hear the quick running of little toddler footsteps. The pants that I swear were six inches too long a few weeks ago slid right on and almost seemed short yesterday morning.
Today you didn't look up at me to help you up the stairs just started climbing like you had been doing it for years.
You even tried to get me to sit in the wagon so you could pull me instead of me pulling you.
More and more you show your personality everyday. I see what is to come and although I know we will have many battles throughout the years and I will see a whole lot more of these determined and stubborn looks....

I hope that we remember to stop and think about what is important. To stop and smell the flowers and treasure each moment. To find joy in all the life has to offer, especially the little things.
Because like today when I realized you weren't my little baby anymore....
someday I will realize you won't be my little girl either.
I love you Lilybug. And no matter what you say or how big you get I will always be your Mama and you will always be my baby girl.
Love Always, Mama

2 comments:

Annie October 8, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

awww! her shirt is super cute!

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com October 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Happy sixteen months to you both =)

Don't you get the right to call her your little baby forever? Because when my daughter turns 65, I'm pretty sure she'll still be my baby. End of discussion. (She's obviously going to hate me when she's a teenager lol).