I hate you...wait I love you!

>> Monday, March 08, 2010

It is about this time of year that I really start hating my convertible. I curse it and damn the beautiful May day that I decided I couldn't live without it anymore. Lifting a thirty pound toddler into the back is painful in the winter. The sleek curves and the bucket seats lose its appeal after months of hibernating. Its loud and low to the ground and I find myself dreaming of easier minivans and SUVs.

But then a beautiful March day in North Carolina hits. I get to pull down the top and feel the breeze in my hair. The cranky mood and tension I feel after a hard work day blow away and spring arrives. Then my love is revived. It is like a yearly vow renewal. I can effortlessly put Lily in the back without reaching in the back seat. I start getting a little color in my hair and face.

Or I get a phone call from a friend that says...

I saw you driving today. You were sporting your sunglasses and your hair was down. Did I mention you had your mouth wide open singing really loud?

Aaahhhh I little piece of heaven.

I enjoy it for seven more months and then miss it for three before the hatred sets in right around January. It is a vicious cycle, but days like today make it worth every bit of it.

2 comments:

Alice March 9, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

After having 4 convertibles, it was tough to give it up when Roman came along. I used to call it "my therapy session" on the way home from work every day.......

Chris Bagley March 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

and I mean...WIDE open! :)