Happy Birthday Mommy!

>> Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yesterday was my birthday. I have to admit this birthday was a little hard on me. I was not my normal chipper birthday month self. I usually count down the whole month of February until it is here. This year I was like blah! But all in all it was a good day. Michael had already given me my presents over the weekend so I could play with them. My new Itouch and then the Wii Fit I pouted my way into. hehee. Spoiled rotten...I know.

It started out with Michael making breakfast. A duty we have been splitting on our new diet. He even got Lily dressed. When he brought her down she was clutching a card in both hands and had a huge smile on her face. Almost like she had picked out the card all by herself. It was adorable. Of course then she didn't want to give the card up! She was so happy the whole morning. She knew it was a Mommy day and decided to be sweeter than usual.

Work was really busy that day. I usually try and take my birthday off. A general rule of thumb is that no one should have to work on their birthday! But now that we have Lily my vacation time is precious! My company doesn't give sick time so anytime I take off eats away at my vacation time. It just wasn't worth it to take a random Wednesday off.

When I finally got home and settled we decided to go to outback for dinner so we didn't have to cook or clean up. Plus Outback has to have something on our diet! It was good and Lily was behaved for the most part. I think because we take her out so much she is adapted to it. I believe it is good for her and gets her used to people and public, etc.

By the time we got home she was out like a light and went straight to bed. I stayed up and worked out on my Wii fit and then went to bed. Happy Birthday me! I guess that is what happens when your losing the battle of spiraling towards thirty.

0 comments: