You Da Man BOB!

>> Tuesday, November 09, 2010

You know there are those times in your adventure of parenthood that you know you are going to be disgusted with yourself for one reason or another. You screw up A you don't do B, you do C but god knows you could have done it better. About a half a second after I handed over a $350 dollar check to the nice lady from Craigslist for a USED Stroller I knew I was having one of those moments.

I literally had to swallow back the vomit as I loaded up my new Bob Revolution stroller in black and tan, with optional car seat adapter, mommy organizer, child snack tray, and cup holder. Retail $490.

Did I really just do this?

Yeah I did and I was ashamed the whole ride home. I am not that glitzy person who needs all this top of the line stuff. I am just a mom. And that stroller is worth a the better part of a full weeks worth of work for me. Yeah I am apparently not the money maker in my household either.

Then I talked to my girlfriend and she was like "why do you think you need that?" all judgy (AKA YOU DON'T EVEN RUN!) Well lets be honest this is the Porsche of strollers and it drives like one. What a nice addition to our Disney trip. But really a secret...Michael wanted it.

Michael has officially refused to push our current stroller any longer because it deserves to be set on fire, thrown down a cliff and then to top it off drop a boulder on it. PS don't by the Combi strollers.

So I got home and unloaded the stroller. Unloaded Lily. And the stroller was all staring at me like you know you want to play with me. You know you want to.

Let the record show it took a $350 stroller to get me off my fat arse and outside to exercise today.

So I loaded Lily up. Strapped on my running shoes and went for a run :cough fast walk cough:. Well actually I did the first day of the Couch to 5K app that I downloaded forever ago and never did.

As soon as I started going for my warm up Lily started crying she wanted out. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME? She hates it. OMG what am I going to do? This was a CRAIGLIST PURCHASE! :Insert string of naughty words going through my mind:

Then I hit my run time and starting chugging along and she relaxed. Started to enjoy the fall air and listening to Mommy wheezing in the background. Wheezing or dying. Whatever. But she was silent. As long as I was running.

Well Mommy ain't in that good of shape. In fact I fully admit I had to skip one minute of running because there was a hill involved and the math of the weight of the stroller plus the weight of the two year old was too much for my physicsless mind to comprehend. But I finished.

And much like my iMac. That stroller is worth every penny. EVERY. PENNY! And now I will go devour the rest of that pumpkin cheesecake in my fridge and put back on those pesky calories I just wasted on that run.


PS. Only the locals are going to get that title.

Share

5 comments:

Suz November 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

Love the title~ I got it! Glad you got something yall really wanted & sounds like you got a great deal through Craiglist too.

Dana November 9, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

are you insane! $350 for a stoller!

Stephaine Eads November 10, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

Dana,


How much was that fancy travel system? SEE! Not that much more. No judgement! Just jealousy please :)

Melissa November 10, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

Ehhhh, it is so worth the price. I mean it has major shock absorbers....and you don't want poor Lily to have neck problems do you???? :)

Hanna November 15, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

Hi there! I am your newest follower. I found you on top baby blogs! Lovely blog!!! Your banner is AMAZING! You have a very nice feel to your blog!!
You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
Take a peek at my giveaways. I only feature gorgeous, handmade things!!
Oh and I voted for you on top baby and mommy blogs:) Nice meeting you