12 Days of Christmas Day 8

>> Tuesday, November 30, 2010



Day 8: Least Favorite Thing about the Holidays


When they come to an end. I always seem to have a bad case of the blues after the holidays. Whether it is fueled by the insane spending I do or the let down after the build up of presents, or maybe the disappointment of not getting something I really wanted. I never could put a finger on it. But I remember having this as a kid too. I think it takes me a good month to get back to normal! Just in time for my birthday. Or maybe it is my birthday that gets me out of the funk!

I have noticed it has gotten better since Lily came around. But not completely better. She seems to make the holidays even that much happier. The high lasts a little longer with her.

Does anyone else get this? I read it is pretty common. I thought I had it narrowed down to the early dark nights. The christmas lights seem to make dealing with the short days a little more bearable. But then after Christmas I am still stuck with the horribly long nights but no cheery lights.

I think I am on to something!

Share

1 comments:

Melissa F. November 30, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

I think we should make a movement to leaving Christmas Lights up all the time. Call them Winter lights. :) I love Christmas lights.....and a little cheer throughout the winter goes a long way.