12 Days of Christmas: Day 4

>> Friday, November 26, 2010



Day 4: Budgeting for Christmas

Ha! I am sorry I couldn't even type that with a straight face. Okay let me try again...

Budgehahahaahahat.

Yeah that didn't work. I try people I really do. My first line of defense. Excel. I make a list. I check it twice. And again. I will say I am usually pretty good about keeping it in line with family. But I struggle to rein in with Lily and Michael. I keep seeing such cute stuff and I buy and buy. But there is hope people.

1. Excel. Make a list of everyone you buy for. At the top put your budget in bold red letters. Now go down the list and place a limit for each person. Don't forget Christmas cards should be part of the budget!
2. Amazon wish lists are your friend. Now you can even add items from other websites. I send one out to family for Lily every year. That way no one double buys. I even made one for myself this year. Hint Hint Michael!

But if you are like me you have that after Christmas spending remorse. I always seem to feel better once that tax return comes in though. Makes it all jusifiable. Right? :crickets chirping in the background:


Share

2 comments:

Kit November 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Great tips! I like making lists too!

Marah November 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

great tips!

i'm your newest follower from the 12 days of christmas challenge.

i'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow back!

http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com