Photography 101

>> Sunday, October 10, 2010

 I have really been working on getting my Nikon DSLR off the auto setting. Getting away from editing the pictures and letting the camera do the majority of the work. Of course Lily is the only one I can make model for me so she suffers the most from my self taught experiments.  So  last weekend I got her out in the yard and snapped away. Some of these are straight out of the camera some are doctored...but just a little.

I am dying to upgrade my camera. Don't get me wrong I love my D40. So easy to use. But I need some more megapixels and a little more ISO capability than my D40 can offer. It is hard to justify buying a new one when I never really learned the full potential of this one. Basically this should entrall me enough to not go drop a ton of money on an upgrade.










Not too bad eh? She is getting so big so fast. And tall! Well tall is relative. She is still really short. But she can wear the same pants from last year (not these). She has only gained two pounds since last December. Which is amazing to me since she was putting on two pounds a month as a baby. Now she is just shooting up like a weed in our summer grass. Is it bad I secretly hope it slows down just like our grass does in the fall? That way she can stay sweet and small forever.

What do you do to get off the auto setting? Any tips?



Share

2 comments:

Dana October 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

teach me after you learn

Nicole Faby October 10, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

look up momtog .com and invest in the unmanual