Happy Valentine's Day

>> Sunday, February 14, 2010

Here is one of my Valentines! My little Lily. Our Vday was low key this year. Michael and I decided to just do cards and something small. So I got him some candy and he got me flowers. We got Lily a little Elmo story reader. The best $1 I ever spent was on some Elmo Stickers and Big Bird, Cookie, and Elmo action figures from the dollar bin in Target. I should have benched the story reader! Michael made a big breakfast and we all ate together as a family.
Still carrying around the action figures....
We put Lily to bed early so we could have a quiet dinner by ourselves. I made fondue. Can I say fondue cheese that you buy from the fancy cheese department at Lowe's food is PRICEY! 13 dollars each for the cheese and chocolate. Holy Moly! Then all the sides: bread, apples, cheesecake, brownies, pound cakes, brocolli....I can actually here myself getting fatter. So I would say we spent 40 bucks on everything. But that is still about $100 bucks cheaper than the melting pot and boy was it yummy. It was nice to get some quiet time. Then we curled up in bed and watched some TV after we put up a mountain of laundry.

I realized halfway through dinner that I had not showered and had no make up on. I was wearing an old ratty Tshirt and sweatpants. Wow. Seriously? I should have made a little more effort?! At least Michael showered. He didn't seem to notice though. That is why my Valentine rocks. He likes me sweatpants and all!
Here is a goofy picture of my Valentine! He didn't even wait for me to sit down before he chowed down on the fondue. It looked like so little when I melted it but we wobbled away from the dinner table after only eating half. I wonder if Fondue saves overnight and reheats decently? We will see!

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Trish February 15, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

to me that is the best Valentine's Day! A true Valentine loves you even when you look a hot mess!

We stayed home too. Just got eachother a card and I made chocolate chip waffles for breakfast and Chris made me a steak dinner.

Suz February 15, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

Happy Valentine's Day glad to read it was a good one.
Check out my blog~ I gave you a blog award. Cheesy but fun!