Packing Update

>> Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ok so I get Michael packed. Then we weigh the bag which is customary in the new age of flying. Of course the bag weighs 53 pounds. Anything over 50 equals fees. A huge fee if you are flying Delta (75?). While checking the requirements I noticed a size requirement. I have never really paid much attention to this requirement but we borrowed some ginormous suitcases from our friends and decided we should probably measure them just in case. THEY ARE ONE INCH OVER THE SIZE LIMIT. Exceed the size limit with Delta and be prepared to pay a wooping 175 dollar fee. On top of the over weight fee. Insert cuss word here.



So after all my hard work of packing Michael and starting packing myself we had to unpack everything, go buy two new suitcase, then pack a third smaller one to carry on to avoid fees. The sad part? It was still cheaper than paying the fee for one bag. So two new RED suitcases later and a whole 24 hours of packing and I am done with the majority of the packing. Michael is headed out the door anytime now to spend the night in Charlotte and then fly out in the morning. I am officially done with his packing.

As far as me and Lily? I have all our clothes packed and just need to pack toiletries on Thursday morning. I will pack the dogs on Wednesday night and I will be done!!! I will clean the house up and shut us down and head out the door.

Whew. I am exhausted and I haven't even left yet.

The best part about the new suitcases? Michael brought me home a hot pink travel pillow as well. He is so sweet.

0 comments: