To My Baby Daddy...

>> Sunday, June 20, 2010

Michael,

I know I don't say it enough but you are the best father I know. Your patience, your silliness, your style is completely opposite of mine and that is why it works. I see so much love in Lily's eyes every time she looks at you or simply talks about you. Just this morning I peeked around the living room door and saw you cuddled up on the couch watching Sesame Street together like it was the most natural thing in the world. No complaining, no eye rolls, no thinking of the house work: just being content.  I know I wish I could be more like that. But you are, without even trying. Not only are you the provider for us but you are a role model as well. You are teaching Lily how to have fun, but work hard and do the best she can. You encourage her, and you guide her. I see so much of you in Lily that it makes me proud. Proud that we are doing something right.

I didn't think I could love you anymore. But then you became the father of my child. That is another level of love I didn't know existed. You help me to be a better parent everyday. And together we make the perfect team. Thank you for all you do.  I love you.



Share

0 comments: