Santa Baby

>> Sunday, December 20, 2009




Seriously Mom? Why are you doing this to me?

We had a brunch for some of our friends this morning. Lily did so good! I was very proud. Although she was a little shy at first and sat in the laundry area by herself while I cooked and the other 11 people hung out in the living room, she quickly started talking to our guest once brunch started. She even smiled at some people and gave kisses to some of the people she always shys away from. She is getting to be such a big girl.

We stole this hat from MiMis house. It may have been cousin Renee's at one point. But it makes for quite the Christmas 2009 photo. We didn't get Christmas pictures or do cards this year. I may still do some cards since these turned out so good, but I think my shopping days are running out. How about New Years cards? Or how about you consider this post my Christmas Card. Deal?

Brunch was yummy yummy. I made tiny ham sandwiches inspired by my friend Kim. Hers are better as she has this dressing stuff she puts on them but all the guys gobbled them up so I think mine were still good.



Menu:

French Toast
Ham Sandwichs (potato rolls with smoked ham and provolone, baked to perfection)
Hashbrown Casserole (BIG HIT!) See below for recipe.
Cinnamon Rolls and Biscuits
Bacon
Fruits and Cheeses with Summer Sausage and Crackers (or "COOKIES" if you're Lily)
Grits (A Southern Staple)
Christmas Cookies
Juices, Sodas and Coffee

All prepared by ME...since my husband was a little "under the weather" from the previous nights festivities.



Lily ate up the food even though some doubted her ability to finish that whole plate...little did they know. We sat and talked and I showed off a little of my family video project. Sorry to bore you guys with it. But I am so proud and feel so savvy I have to show off a little....at least I didn't make you watch it ALL!




Then Lily showed off and was dancing and flirting with everyone before they left. We had so much fun.
Thanks for joining us and Merry Christmas


At the end we asked Lily what she wanted for Christmas. The response...

"I DON'T KNOW!"


HashBrown Casserole EadsStyle!

1.5 packs of the Shredded Hashbrowns (about 32 ounces)
2 Cans (10 ounce) of Campbell's Cream of Potato Soup
1 16 ounce container sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 10 ounce pack of cubed ham

Mix and put in casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour at 375. I finish off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top.

Easy Peasy and quite the crowd pleaser! You can add onions for a dinner side if you want!


siggie

1 comments:

Trish December 21, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

What cute pictures!

I guess my invitation for the Christmas brunch got lost in the mail....hmmmffff!

Just kidding...sounds so yummy!