Christmas Traditions

>> Thursday, December 24, 2009

This year marks our first Eads' Family Christmas. I say this because although we have had Christmas together in the past this is the first year we get to make it out own. This year is bittersweet as tonight we will sit down to a dinner for three instead of our dinners for plenty. I felt a little tug on my heart this morning as I realized how much I would miss everyone tonight and in the morning.

But you know what? We are going to Rock it Out! Eadsstyle. Here is the plan:

I am working this morning (BOOOO!) but then I am going to go home and start cooking.

Menu:
Ham
Corn Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Double Stuffed Potatoes
Pumpkin Pie

Schedule December 24th:
2:00pm: Make Christmas Cookies for Santa!
3:00pm: Eat Yum Yum
5:00pm: Go by the Bauers to spread some holiday Cheer!
7:30pm: Candlelight Church Service (please don't go into flames as we enter!)
8:30pm: Open a Christmas Present, Read the Christmas Story, and the Night before Christmas
9:00pm: Lily says Goodbye to Lyle and gets tucked into Bed
9:01pm Santa's Elves get to work!

Schedule December 25th:
7:00am: PRESENT TIME!!!
8:30am: Breakfast Casserole
10:30am: Head to Mimi and Paw's for Christmas Dinner (insert holiday drive here)
2:00pm: Family Time!

Sounds busy and fun!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to seeing each and everyone of you.

2 comments:

Dana December 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

sounds like a great christmas!

Trish December 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Sounds like you have a busy few days. So sorry to had to work 1/2 a day on Christmas Eve...YUCK!