New Year Resolutions

>> Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Every year I have a new one. I have tried to include one resolution each year to help me better myself other than just saying I am going to get those last fifteen (thirty) pounds off and eat better and exercise. A few years ago I vowed to only read NonFiction. It was nice I learned some things, read a really really boring book about the spanish flu, a hermaphrodite, and a few biographies. Needless to say I did not read nearly as many books as usual!


This year I have a good one. Michael is not on board with my resolution this year but says he will support me....but not by participating. Mainly because he is lazy and thinks I am trying to turn into a treehugger. Are you ready? Drumroll please.....

The big resolution for 2010 is:


I am going to start using reusable shopping bags!!!!

My other ones are......

I made a budget and we are going to stick to it. Not because we want to be but because we honestly have no other choice :)

I am going to lose the weight that I worked so hard to lose last year and then gained back during the Eadsfest Championship.

I am going to read at least one book a month. I would do more but Mommyhood prevents too much reading.

I am going to be better about following my mission statement that Michael and I worked so hard on last January and refer to it more when I start feeling impatient.

Now I try not to be too hard on myself...like the time I started a curse jar for charity and realized my whole paycheck was in it by the end of the week so I rightfully gave it up. But I am confident in my goals. I am predicting losing my Eadsfest weight by the end of February, having many fights with Michael and saying no to a lot more to stick to our budget, and lots of carrying baggage because I forgot my reusable shopping bag therefore forcing me to carry my goods.

If you would like to support my efforts in not using shopping bags in 2010 please send the reusable ones my way! I will be accepting donations.

2 comments:

Trish December 31, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

good luck keeping them! I love the cuss jar idea...neato. I could never to the reusable shopping bag thing...unless maybe I kept them in the truck all the time...that way I would always have them when I needed them(since I tend to shop on a whim at times!)

Hope you & yours have a blessed 2010!

Susan January 5, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

So you are going to be one of those annoying people that keep the lines long while you try to open, organize and pack your reusable bags? Thanks.

I'm just kidding... :-)