Strawberry Puree

>> Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yes that is what my little girl's diaper looked like yesterday. Gross? Yes. Scary? Extremely. Now when I say strawberry puree I mean it. In all forms. Color. Texture...well maybe not smell.

Daycare called me at work and told me they thought she was "bleeding" and they would save the diaper for me to examine. So of course I rush to daycare and totally freak out when I see the TWO diapers with this poop in it. So I rush her to the pediatrician with no appointment. I busted up in the window and said "I don't have an appointment but I need to be seen NOW!" Crazy Mom alert anyone? So of course they were really nice and took me right back.

As I previously posted Lily has been on antibiotics for her ear infection. She has been on this antibiotic at least three other times so I didn't think it was that. The only thing I could think of was an allergy. I changed her to the "next step" formula which is milk based. Was it that? Or maybe the cinnamon on the apples she has at dinner the night before. That was new. Or maybe she swallowed something and it was dragging down her intestines and cutting the lining! Could she bleed out. AAGGHHHH I was going crazy.

Well apparently the doctors/pharmacists forgot to mention this is a side affect to Omnycin (spelling??). ALL THREE TIMES SHE GOT IT! WTF!!!!! It's not blood but it looks a hell of a lot like it as the pediatrician put it.

So crisis averted. Whew. Now I just have to plot my evil revenge on the tons of people involved in this medicine that never said anything about blood red poop! I mean seriously are they trying to give first time moms a heart attack? I am watching you people!

2 comments:

Nicole Faby April 16, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

oh my goodness! What a rough day!!!

Alice April 16, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

That medicine does the same thing to R too. The daycare really should have known that was what it was though......