Jimmy Buffet is the Devil

>> Friday, April 24, 2009

And I can prove it....

I am sitting at my desk with a pounding head. Why oh why did I think I could get up and come to work the day after a Jimmy Buffet concert? I will say this is not one of my brightest moments. But as I laid in bed this morning convincing myself that I was just going to call in and lay in bed all day Michael came in with an epiphany.

"Get up! You are not going to waste a vacation day on being lazy and hungover! You need to save them to be with me and Lily"

What can I say?? It worked. So I rolled into work about 1.5 hours later than usual. But still before most people...especially on a Friday. And now I am suffering! It is so bad I cheated on the diet and had a half of a bagel with cream cheese and fully intend on eating Wendy's or something very similar for lunch. Jimmy Buffet makes us do bad things...

We had a blast tailgating the concert last night! It was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect...the crazy people were out. Dudes in grass skirts and coconut shell bikinis? Does it get any better? All in all a good time.

This was our first Buffet concert and I have to say it is Kenny Chesney for old people. Instead of seeing really hot and young looking girls and boys walking around shirtless you saw sixty year old fat people walking around shirtless. Quite entertaining. Same type of atmosphere as well. Beachy, drinky, crazy...all the same.

But in the end I am still a Kenny girl at heart. Tailgating was fun but the show was no comparison. Mainly because I could karaoke any Kenny song on demand. I didn't know some of the less popular Buffet songs. Although I should.

Will post pictures soon!

0 comments: