Operation Walk-o Lil-o by the Competitive Parent

>> Tuesday, April 07, 2009

We have been working with Lily all week with walking all by herself. She did manage to take a half step, or as I call it a Quasimodo step, by dragging her foot and still standing. That was on Sunday. I am not sure it is a good thing to get her walking but as a mother this is my duty. Or as I define Mother's Duty: the act of making sure your kid does everything before everyone else's kid so you can brag about how much cooler your kid is. Although Lily is now the oldest in her daycare class so there is no one's face to rub it in. All the kids near her age moved up to the one year class to make room for new kids. They knew not to ask me...I mean how else was I going to have the smartest kid in the class.

Our approach to the this operation has been mainly trying to get her to go between us. But we recently discovered a love of Elmo and green frogs. So we taunt her with those two toys. The green frog got the half step.

On a side note I have a guilty confession. I let Lily watch Seseame Street yesterday. The sad part? She actually watched it. She never watches TV. But it highly interested her. And can I ask when did SS become an hour long? Are they trying to kill parents slowly? And there are not many commercials. But it kept her busy while I made dinner. Hey whatever works.

1 comments:

Alice April 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

Hi!

I like the new blog look! I hope you don't get the dreaded phone call today!!!!!!