A day without Daddy

>> Wednesday, July 16, 2008


Today is Lily and I's first night at home without Michael. It has been an interesting day. Lily pretty much slept all day (see above)which means tonight should be AWESOME without his help. The only time she did not sleep was when I attempted to leave the house and go shopping...then she screamed most of the time. So I became the mortified parent running out of Old Navy. But not without an adorable jean skirt for Lily that was on sale for five dollars.

We did entertain ourselves by sending Daddy picture messages of us. Then Lily laid in her vibrating chair for about an hour. Then I entertained her with her toy. Here is a video of her playing with it today.

I am going to end the night with a little bath time, play time and then story time. All this week we have started putting her down at nine with a bottle and stories. I have previously been giving baths during the day but she will be getting them at night when I go back to work so this is our attempt at a schedule! This will be the first night time bath so we have to start a little earlier than nine. By then maybe I can lay down and prepare myself for the long night ahead. This should be fun.....WE MISS DADDY!

0 comments: