7 weeks

>> Monday, July 28, 2008


We got our first 'nongas' smile today! And she was grinning most of the day. I even got a picture of it. She smiled at me making faces at her and on the playmat today. ADORABLE! Of course she would only smile at me, when Michael got home it was a no go. I will say I have noticed a definite preference for her Momma. Although it makes me very happy, it will prove to be a nuisance later. I have never had a person prefer me over Michael! I mean the dogs even love him more.

She also noticed her feet today. She didn't actually grab them but she seemed like she might being trying to get her brain to make contact. She mainly just gazed at them in confusion while they wiggled. Here is a video of her examination.

I did a psuedo weighing of her today and she is pushing over twelve pounds now. And my back and arms are agreeing! I think I pulled my back out trying to get the carseat out the other day. Whew...I might need to cut back her portions on breastmilk. She is turning into a chunky monkey. Well I will say that chubby babies are really cute so there is one advantage. Her cuteness is increased by Mommy's suffering. The things we do for our kids...

Tonight we take her to our first non-family babysitter for the evening. Our neighbor is being nice enough to watch her while we head to the Maroon 5 concert. I hope she does well. Having a neighbor willing to watch her will be a godsend. More importantly I hope that I get to test out my new Milkscreen Test Strips! I am a huge Adam Levine fan so I hope it is a good time.

Here are some pics from the week
Mommy and Lily

Whatchu talking bout Willis?

Another smile!

1 comments:

secret_diary_of_a_single_mom July 29, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

I love the feet video! It's so cute when you can just see them learning and discovering something new :) She's such a cutie....and I'm loving having a boy, but one thing I am jealous of on the girls....those adorable little dresses!!!