4 weeks

>> Tuesday, July 08, 2008



I cannot believe it has been four weeks already! Maternity leave is going by so fast, and Lily has changed so much. She is focusing more on objects and looking at us more and more intently. She always has the beautiful look of amazement on her face at everything.

This week I have been working on not holding her as much to get her to sleep. It is going really well at night. During the day sometimes it feels like I cannot put her down without a crying tantrum. Most nights we can lay her down groggy and she will go to sleep. She is going down about 11 pm and getting up at 2am and 5am and then sleeping til about 9am. So really only once a night if you consider 5am is not that much earlier than normal work waking hours. When I put her down at her 2am feeding she can usually soothe herself back to sleep. The key is not to let her get into a full fledge scream prior to her feeding. AKA don't let her get too hungry.

We also broke out the playmat this week. She is semi interested. I think she would be more interested if we had a cooler playmat. Our doesn't do much. Actually other than a fish that sings for about 10 seconds it does nothing. We have to do all the work. So I am thinking of getting a new one. Here is a short video of her playing.


Here are some 4 week pictures

1 comments:

Anonymous July 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

Hi Steph! It's SONYA your - cousin!?!

I am so proud of you and your beautiful baby!! my son is 3 now and it was so wonderful and I breastfed too (didn't get clogged ducts I'm very happy to say after reading your story). Congratulations to you both!!! You are doing great!!!