23 Weeks

>> Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I don't know why I am so cute Mommy?!


This past week Lily went for her 5 month shot appointment. She weighted in at 16 pounds 15 ounces. Wow. Which jumped her from the 50% to the 90% in weight. And here I was worrying she wasn't getting enough milk. Here is a good body shot of her in her crib playing. She is getting so big!



This was the first doctors appointment without Mommy. It will also be the last. Not that Michael didn't do a good job (I am only saying this because he may read it-haha!), but I might be too much of a control freak to not go. Apparently she has an ear infection. So they prescribed Amoxocillin. So here is the thing. I am not a person that believes in taking medicine for every little bump along the way. I believe the body has an amazing way of healing itself. I also think that because culturally we hand out antibiotics like sweet tarts we are breeding superbugs. Call me a conspirecry theorist if you want but seriously don't you wonder why bugs become resistant. So I believe that since she wasn't feeling bad, there was no change in eating, demeanor, etc. it probably would have cleared up on its own. I would have questioned the need for the antibiotics. But Michael did good. He did say that she definitely knows whats going on now. When the doctor gave her that shot she got this look on her face and screamed! Smiles to pissed off in two seconds.

Also in the last week I noticed daycare had been writing down that they give her a cup with water at lunch. Um excuse me??! First I wanted to be the first one to give her a cup. Second she is five months old! She doesn't need water. Give her some formula or milk people. We double checked with the doc and she agreed. On the same note we also had our first boo-boo report. She hit her head on the highchair. She had a little bump it was so sad. But they said she was a big girl and hardly cried and just started playing again.

They also told Michael that she would be crawling within weeks. YES WEEKS! On one hand I am happy. On the other I have not babyproofed ANYTHING!!! Does anyone else think this is early? I mean she is not even six months. And worse we leave for Chicago next week and I just know she will crawl for the first time without me there.


On Saturday we took her to her first NCSU football game! She has been to tailgate but she got to go in this time. She was an angel. The weather was squirrelly so we left at halftime but it was still fun. We even put our big girl pants on and went over to Jenna and Dave's afterwards where she was up until about eleven and yet very well behaved.

Its all about teeth. I have been trying for weeks to get pictures of Lily's teeth. This is not easy! Not at all. And then this week I was looking through my pics from the past few days and found several where her bottom teeth are apparent. Also her top ones will be in by the end of next week. Here are some pics from this week.



Sitting pretty and playing the Piano



1 comments:

Nicole Faby November 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

She looks great! What a pretty little girl! I cant believe they gaver her water.. or a cup! We just started Luke with that this week and he is 4 months older! Oh and Luke was crawling at 5 months and I wasnt ready for it either! babyproof quickly girl!! And I am sure she will wait to do it for mommy! ;)