21 Weeks

>> Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I got a little misty eyed today. Michael called me on the way to work and told me that Lily had rolled from her back to her belly. I missed it. I missed it because I was at work. So instead of being happy that my baby accomplished such a great milestone, I was sad. We had been working with her all week because she has been so close. As least Michael got to see it. But of course he didn't get a video of it. I would have gotten a video. If I was there.




Ok seriously how sad and pathetic did that sound? Onto the good stuff. She is doing so much. I noticed over the past week she is starting to switch toys from hand to hand. She also mimics me when I smile or make serious face at her. She is soooo close to sitting up. I feel it! She can kind of sit up with her hands in front of her but it normally ends in a face plant. I am predicting by the end of next week we will have her sitting up for short periods of time. And of course the roll over that I missed. All of this in a week! Wow!

The time change is seriously messing with our household...mainly Lily. She usually goes to bed between 8-9 and ever since Sunday a monster is unleashed at about 7pm. Argh its frustrating. And this morning she woke up for the day at 4:45am. So an hour early. I am barely getting a veggie in her let alone her cereal at night. It has been an interesting few days. I have never had to hold her to feed her but Sunday night we were trying to get her to eat and she was screaming!! So I held her but it did not get much better. She wouldn't even stay awake long enough for a bath. Then last night she started falling asleep in the bathtub again and only took like three bites of cereal. I am moving to Indiana with Steve and Michele were they choose to ignore Daylight Savings Time.

2 comments:

Alice November 5, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

I felt the same way. I also missed the first crawl too. It made me sad....Sounds like she is advancing very well!

Mickie November 5, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

I read at this stage that it doesn't matter so much if they don't eat solids regularly. Most of the nutrition is from the milk/formula so I don't stress. If he doesn't look like he wants solids, we just skip it that day. Hope you get back to your regular schedule soon!