Sleepy Momma's thoughts....

>> Sunday, June 22, 2008



So we have had a house full for a solid two weeks and Monday I lose my MIL that has been an awesome help to me over the past two weeks. How will I survive? I may have to start doing my own house work!! Oh No! We had a few people over in addition to the large amount of family on Saturday for a wing fry. Then on Sunday Brent, Chris, and Crackhead stopped by. It was a good weekend but long. I am looking forward to some quiet and maybe a little napping during Lily's long "naps" during the day aka sleeping all day and screaming all night :)

This week has been rough in the sleep department. I am getting up two to three times a night between 11pm and 6am. If I try to breastfeed I am up at least an hour to an hour and half each time. If I pump the average is 45 minutes including feeding, pumping, changing and getting her back down. So that is not terrible. But my pediatrician said feeding her and not pumping would be easier and less time consuming! WRONG! We just need to get used to each other I guess. It has been a little disheartening though. This week it will just be me and little Lily so maybe we can get used to each other and start some sort of routine. I shy away from the word schedule because that would be ludicrous with a two week old right?

I did go to a lactation consultant this week. So breastfeeding has improved. She is actually latching on now. But the pediatrician said she is still not gaining fast enough so I have to take her back for a weight check this week. I feel like the only time I leave the house is to go to the doctors!

My MIL did watch her on Thursday night and Michael took me to Chilis for a momentous postpartum Presidente Margarita. It was fabulous and just as wonderful as I remembered it. And what was even better is that I did not once call and check on her while I was gone. I know I am awesome! Or maybe just burnt out! haha! Two to three hours of sleep a night will do that to you...but she is adorable in the middle of the night when it's just us two chillin'. And she makes the funny faces in the middle of the night as if to entertain her cranky mommy. This is a good one above...I call it her thinking pose.

1 comments:

Suz June 23, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

Yay for a new sweet Lily picture! I really want to meet her soon. (and yay for you for your first pp drink!)