Baby Update

>> Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Well we had our doctors appointment today and Lily is a big 'un. We had an ultrasound and our weekly check up. The ultrasound revealed an 8 pound 7 ounce baby! The doc said it could be off by a pound but she would say she probably is not less than 8 lbs 7 oz. Can anyone say 9 lbs 7 oz!!! EEEK! With this news she has offered me an elective c-section. I am really torn about this. Speaking of torn she did warn me of the increased risk of tearing with a large baby. Everytime I hear the word "tear" I cringe. She said they could also induce. I really don't want that and don't really see a benefit since how much bigger can she get in a couple days right?

So Michael and I are going to discuss tonight. But if we decide on the c-section we need to let the doctor know soon.

We did get to see the baby in the ultrasound. It doesn't look as much like a baby once they get this big though because they cannot get her in one shot. Just bits at a time. We did get a good shot of her face though. She has chubby little cheeks and a little bit of hair. Not a lot but at least something is there.

0 comments: