Bad Habit Explained

>> Friday, March 18, 2011

Lily was never a pacifier baby. Never a thumbsucker. We just never had to deal with that type of behavior. Not even when she was teething. Lucky us. But recently a battle has emerged in our house. She has started gnawing on her fingers like crazy.  I am not a germophobe but yuck! I know what they have at daycare and I don't want you eating it. I saw you just touch that toilet seat to keep from falling in and your hand washing skills are not hospital grade. I am not sure what to do to get her stop other than ask her to stop and remove her hand from her mouth. So last week when I picked her up from school she was chewing on her finger. I politely asked her stop and she responded matter of factly:

"I have to do it Mommy. I'm tasty."

Well that clears that up. My bad.

Share

0 comments: