21 Weeks

>> Monday, February 04, 2008


My mother has threatened me if she did not see another belly shot. This is not a good picture and lacks a hairdo or makeup but you get the idea. I am big! I have a had a productive week despite my ginourmous belly. I have felt pretty darn good for the past week, and have gotten a lot accomplished. My energy is picking up a little, and my aches have not been as bad. Hopefully the next few weeks will be the same.

We got the nursery in general set up. Michael and I finished the trim painting and hung crown moulding during the week and then spent Friday and Saturday assembling the furniture. My overall impression of the furniture is good quality for the price. The crib is awesome, easy assembly, great qualtiy, and looks great. The dresser was a pain in the arse to put together, but looks good and matches really well. The qualtiy is not the highest, especially compared to the crib, but I will remind you that is was $200. We had some issues with the camlocks and actually had to finagle a drawer to fit properly. Michael cussed during the assembly, but it is together and looks great. We also got a cute little bookshelf at Target out of the Simply Shabby Chic line that matches the vintage white of the other two pieces. Below are some pictures of the nursery. We still have to paint the glider and possibly recover depending on the bedding we pick, so that will eventually match.
Michael is out on business this week so I don't think too much will get done except maybe a little shopping on my end :)

Speaking of shopping. Thought I would add a side note to all the savings I recieved this weekend. I found baby monitors for 25 dollars on Clearance at Target. Then my $60 bookshelf rang up as $30 dollars in line. THeN the biggest saving of all, I found a Medela Pump in Style breast pump on clearance for $175, regularly $250!!! A total savings of $130. Whohhoooo! I was most pumped about the breast pump...no pun intended!

2 comments:

secret_diary_of_a_single_mom February 4, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

I love the color on the walls :) And the furniture is really cute too! Such a difference from all the blue / boy things I've been obsessing over for the last few months!

You're lookin' good in your belly pic too. Over half way there!!

Mickie February 4, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

looks good! I guess I need to get my nursery pics up on my blog now. we dont have our rocker yet, but have everything else. i've been waiting to hang anything up on the walls until we get the rocker (in case the rocker doesnt fit in the space i've left for it) we didnt do crown moulding, but did a cute chair rail. where did you get your rocker? we're still trying to make up our minds on that one (of course i finally decided on one at target that was less expensive than the fancy one i wanted - and then they didnt have it at any of the Targets around here.. bummer)