14 Weeks

>> Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I went this morning for my 14 week check up. Everything was fine. I talked to my doctor about my constant headaches and how to relieve them. She offered to prescribe me something that could be used sparingly but I declined. She also suggested that Michael start rubbing my neck and upper back to help alleviate them. I will take that advice starting tonight! The appointment was short they only found the heart beat and measured me.

On a very bright note on my end I have slowed down on my weight gain which is awesome. At the rate I was going I would be 250 by the end of the pregnancy. But I only gained a pound this past month which puts me right back on target for healthy weight gain. Most people that know me well have heard my concerns about getting ginormous during the pregnancy since my weight is so volatile. I was cursed with a horrible metabolism and a lazy streak :)

This week my Mom and StepDad are coming into town for an early Christmas celebration. I am looking forward to that. We get presents twice in the same week. Whoohhoo. Luckily I only have a little bit of stuff to pick up today and my shopping will be done. I finished up Michael's on Sunday but standing in line for about three hours in freezing rain to get him a Nintendo Wii. I have been looking for about a month and then final got some info about Best Buy and Target getting some on Sunday. So I started at one Best Buy at 5AM and then was at the second one by six. I was number 95 there and they got in 93! Talk about irritating. After that I hauled butt over to Target and got one! Of course Michael was aware of me getting it since I was gone at six when he woke up so I went ahead and gave it to him. His present was all the effort I went through to get it for him. I have never worked so hard getting a gift for someone. It felt good.

Hopefully I will get to post before Christmas but if not Merry Christmas!

0 comments: