Overprotective...just a little

>> Tuesday, November 13, 2007

So we had a small scare this weekend. I started spotting on Saturday evening with some mild cramping on Sunday. Of course I start freaking out and Michael is convinced everything is fine. I am seeing flashes of our parenting styles now! We called the doctor first thing Monday morning and went in for an unscheduled ultrasound to check things out. Thankfully everything is fine! We got to see the baby and his heartbeat again and it was strong. As I am crying in relief Michael's look is just like "I told you so" But the extra 300 dollars for an ultrasound was worth every penny for my peace of mind.

I guess none of my other pregnant girlfriends had mentioned "spotting" so the slightest sight of blood freaked me out. Apparently this is pretty common. Something someone could have mentioned BEFORE my freak out. And let me tell you "What to expect when your Expecting" is the devil and just made me want to go to the emergency room. It didn't say it was common, just to report it to your doctor. My recommendation to everyone is to skip buying the book and go for something a little less scary.

-Stephaine

1 comments:

Mickie November 13, 2007 at 11:37 AM  

I'm sorry you had a scare! But it's always better to have them check it out than not.